I HAVE A PIECE OF LAND, CAN I BUILD A HOUSE ON IT?
We are often asked this question so we have developed the Planning Policy Tester! This service is ideal for those who would like to see where they might be allowed to build a self-build home. Firstly, we recommend booking us for an initial consultation, we will have a look into planning policy to establish if your project could be viable enough to move onto the Planning Policy Tester.
THE PLANNING POLICY TESTER
At this early stage, the planners don’t need the detail, just the idea. So we have developed a system which answers their questions. We are not testing their approval of a design with this report. We are purely testing if planning policy would allow a house on your chosen site.
If you would prefer to test a design – we have a different service for this “Test a Design with the Planners“.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- We submit a report in the form of a pre-application with the council
- It gives the planners the information they need to make a decision at this early (pre-design) stage
- This is not a public application. Your neighbours cannot see it
- We help you to understand the feedback from the planners (whether at a meeting with them or by translating their written report)
- With the positive feedback from the planner, only then would you work on designs with us, which means no wasted money on your project